by Jessica Yaniv | July 25, 2015 5:06 pm
Do you have tons of music on your computer, but you don’t really want it all to be sitting on your computer taking up space from other things? Are you that kind of person that wants One device that can do oh so much for your music. Well keep reading cause the Olive ONE is the device for you.
I originally saw the Olive ONE at CES 2012 and I instantly fell in love with it, I just HAD to have one. Those who know me really well know that when I fall in love with something, it’s an emotional connection to the product and the company. I could tell that the staff behind the product were extremely passionate about it and I knew this was going to be a killer device. I wasn’t wrong.
When Olive ONE finally produced units, there were a few hurdles back then they had to overcome, they sent me one and oh my gosh was I in tears. It looks fantastic and is loaded with features any audiophile or music lover will just tear up over.
I get many tech products almost daily, many of which I am embarrassed to put on my living room table as they just don’t fit into the decor. Not a problem with the Olive ONE, it actually makes the decor happen. The beautiful aesthetics of the device you really have to see it in person to believe it. Once you do I guarantee you’ll fall in love with the device.
Olive ONE was an Indiegogo campaign, back in April 2013 that raised over half a million dollars from around 1,500 backers. They didn’t lie during their campaign either, they delivered on their promises. It’s a beautiful glass and aluminum product, not cheap crap from China.
Let’s talk interface. It’s just stunning to say the least. They have a song selection screen that is divided into three sections: one column for the artist, another for the album and then once an album is selected, it will show you a list of songs. It’s pretty swag to say the least!
The Olive ONE is a streaming music player, yes, it streams. There has been a lot of talk lately about Apple’s streaming services, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal and such. Honestly, I used Spotify before getting the Olive ONE but do I still use Spotify, Pandora or Apple Music, no. I like to be in control of my own music, not have someone like Taylor Swift have the ability to control where my music will be streamed from. Yes, I just went there. So I’m guessing Taylor Swift endorses the Olive ONE then?
Even Facebook is now in talks about music streaming… but anyways…..
Or maybe not… Guess they’re scared of Taylor Swift.
Anyways.. the Olive ONE includes a built in DAC and dual 32 watt per channel amps. It also has coaxial, RCA and Ethernet (if you don’t want to go the wifi route). It also has Bluetooth input (Not output yet). The Olive ONE also has models without a hard drive, with a 1TB HD and one with a 2 TB HD. Is 2TB enough for you? For me, yes.
In terms of formats, the Olive ONE supports WAV, FLAC, AIFF, MP3, Apple Lossless and Ogg Vorbis. The quality is so crystal clear, you’ll think you’re dreaming.
Pricing for the Olive ONE is decent at under $1,000.
Here are some specs:
• Dynamic Range / SNR: 112 dB
• THD+N: – 93 dB @ – 1 dBFS
• 8X oversampling
Dual HD amplifiers and DSP
• 2x 32W/channel into 8 Ohm, high-efficiency (92%)
• 1 amp per channel, perfect channel separation
• DSP with patent-pending PRISM technology
• Analog: Speaker out (24k gold-plated)
• Digital: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast ™
• Bluetooth (A2DP)
• Wi-Fi Direct™
Digital Audio Input
• Bluetooth (A2DP)
• Wi-Fi: Miracast™, Direct™, DLNA/UPnP
Graphical User Interface
• Built-in 7.0 inch LCD with capacitive touch-screen
• TV interface via Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast™
• Free Apple® iPhone®, iPad® and Android App
• Supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
• DLNA Certified®
• Play music from Mac, PC, NAS (UPnP)
• Multi-room music (requires ONE for each room)
• Stream music from portable devices
• Connect wireless headphones or speakers
Built-in AV hard drive
• 2.5” AV hard drive or SSD drive
• From 500GB to 2.5TB
Olive Home Cloud Service
• Access your music anywhere in the world.
• Dynamic compression: Stream up to full HD quality (24-bit/192kHz)
• Power: Meets EUP (0.5W in Standby)
• RoHS compliant
• Recyclable (aluminum and glass)
Dimensions & Weight
• Diameter: 9.0 inch (22.9 cm)
• Height: 1.61 inch (4.1 cm) max
• Weight: ~6 lb. (2.7 kg, without HDD)
Overall, I highly suggest getting the Olive ONE. It’s a must have for every home that loves to listen to music. I really don’t know how I was able to live life without it. Olive ONE creates such an immersive music experience, you’ll want to pick up more than one.
Source URL: https://trustednerd.com/2015/07/25/review-olive-one-the-one-solution-to-your-music/
Copyright ©2019 TrustedNerd unless otherwise noted.