How to get iOS 8 now.
Are you sick and tired of waiting through that dreadful software update screen that’s taking forever? Not to worry! There is an easier and quicker method.
1) Make sure your iTunes is updated to the latest version
2) Plug in your iOS device to your computer
3) Backup your iOS device to your computer
4) Download the appropriate file for your device, below
5) Extract the IPSW file that was downloaded to your desktop
6) Turn off “Find my iPhone” in Settings – > iCloud on your device
6) Go to your device in iTunes and hold down the option key (if you’re on a mac) or the shift key on Windows and press “Restore iPhone”
7) Navigate to your desktop and select the IPSW file that you extracted
8) Volla! iOS 8 will be uploaded to your device
9) Once completed, go back to iTunes and restore from the backup.
10) All done.
Thanks to Ty’s iPhone help for the download links!
Jonathan is the founder and editor-in-chief of TrustedNerd.com. Covering major tech shows such as CES, Jonathan is always there for the latest tech news. Want your gadget to be reviewed or have a release you'd like to be considered for publishing? Send Jonathan an email, jonathan [at] trustednerd.com