Greenwing Audio announced today the launch of a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds and awareness for its new product Split, wireless ear buds that work without cables or Bluetooth, providing listeners with a 100% hands-free, hassle-free listening experience.
“The idea for Split came to me after spending long winters in Boston and having to take off my gloves every time I wanted to change the song or adjust the volume on my cell phone,” said Marco Scandurra, CEO of Greenwing Audio. “My partners and I set out to develop products without cumbersome cables that get easily tangled up in a zipper or scarf. Our goal is to create wireless audio products that are small, safe and easy to enjoy.”
Research surrounding Split started two years ago when Scandurra and Greenwing co-founders Victor Chechelski and Umberto Micheli, began looking for ways to improve on existing Bluetooth headsets. Streaming stereo audio with Bluetooth requires a lot of power and a larger battery means a larger headset. The trio envisioned a compact music player void of cables and with the release of both a small, low-power ARM processor and a small-footprint memory chip, they were able to turn their dream into reality.
Split incorporates some of the industry’s top technology and includes features such as:
· – Control tracks and volume with a gentle bite of the jaw – bite clicks
· – Reduced radiation exposure by more than 1,000 times compared to Bluetooth
· – Crystal clocks synchronize earphones without them being physically connected
· – 100% hands-free audio player
· – Detects bite clicks with a 3-axis accelerometer, ensuring proper action
· – Connects to the standard USB computer port for uploading music and charging
· – Accepts the most popular file formats such as .mp3, .aac and .wav
· – Track Upload Manager software ensures balanced uploading of music
· – Compatible with PCs (Windows XP or later) and Mac (OS X v10.4 Tiger or later)
· – Color options include: metallic red, pearl, silver, purple, citrus and black
Greenwing is also giving back to its Kickstarter supports. Not only can backers receive Split in different colors, but for a $29 pledge supporters will receive a quality cotton Split T-Shirt. For a $39 pledge supporters will receive a special invitation to see and try the Split earphones in person at the Miami Beach Split Social Event being held in late Spring 2014. Any pledge above $155 will be rewarded with one pair of Split earphones with 3 pairs of silicon sleeves (small, medium and large), a Split USB cable to connect Split to the computer, and the Split Track Upload Manager software. To support or find out more about project goals and additional investment opportunities for Split, please visit: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/701992503/the-worlds-only-earbuds-with-no-strings-attached?ref=live
Jonathan is the founder and editor-in-chief of TrustedNerd.com. Covering major tech shows such as CES, Jonathan is always there for the latest tech news. Want your gadget to be reviewed or have a release you'd like to be considered for publishing? Send Jonathan an email, jonathan [at] trustednerd.com